TruckingSim.com Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

TruckingSim Trucking League

Would imagine it would be the same as it was when we first started. 10 XP'x, 45000 miles and $7500 to start the company. But then I don't know cause he hasn't said anything about it yet on how it will work. Maybe he will just make up the companies according to how many wants to play it.

First thing... There will not be any driver resets.  I'm not asking people to give up on drivers they have been building up for years.

As far as how it will work, there are some basics that will stay the same from season to season (if we end up doing more than one and it's working overall).  These are:

• - Each season will be it's own thing.  There will only be one season at a time and all company teams that have decided to compete in the given season will be a part of it.
  • - Based on the current season setting, we will fill up company teams to hopefully get each team with the same number of drivers (unless a team doesn't want a full set of drivers for some reason, but I think that would put them at a big disadvantage)
  • - The leader of the team will create the new company (with the given season name format as I specified in another post) and then other drivers will join that company.  Before the season starts, no deliveries may be in route, not contracts bid on, etc.  There will be a set start time that all activity for the season may begin.  If a team does not comply with that, they will forfeit from the start.

Some things that will change from season to season:

• - The actual competition... sometimes it will be based on company $'s earned, others could be based on # of contracts delivered... or any other thing we can reliably measure.  I think it will mostly be based on company dollars earned, but open to anything.
  • - # of drivers per company team
  • - Other rules... for 1st season, we'll include contracts.  I could see future season not allowing any contract routes, just routes utilizing the normal ppm of the cargos.  This is easy to track because we can see if a company/driver has won/run a contract.

I'm sure there will be things I/we didn't think of in the first try at this, so hopefully it will be something people enjoy and we can expand on it for future seasons.

There is very little I can do to change the game from how it currently works, so that will be a limitation.

There are other things I can do as a moderator/admin which will help with this.  For example, I can delete companies when we are done with the season.  I can monitor for cheating... while people can still cheat / exploit bugs, there are some common sense things we can see too and if it cannot be explained, then it will be considered against the rules of the season and the driver/team will be eliminated from contention and/or suspended, possibly removed from game.

Let's continue to bring up questions / issues to try and think of as much as we can before getting started, but like I said earlier, please be understanding that there might be loopholes that were not considered.  It's better to share them with me or make them public than trying to exploit them in a shady way.

I love the idea of balancing the number of drivers on the teams.  Also, this will also have different people on your team, which might expand the social part of th game.  It would be best if the XP levels for the teams would be similar, that should really eliminate any need for a reset.  What time frame are you thinking about for a season.  Thanks for doing this and I think it should add some fun.

If this threa is any indication, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.  Hope that is not the case.

Alfie, I was thinking the same thing 🙁

Just wondering if all companies or drivers are aware of this new undertaking--may take time.