TruckingSim.com Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Ppm, Payment per mile for virtual driving.

I was pondering, would it be good to have players work at real world wages.  I think not because the reward versus time would be discouraging  to many people.

So what do you think should be a base Ppm?

No, because it's a game. BUT money should be harder to gain in the game because currently you can 'beat' the game within a few months. And then after that there isn't much left to do, which means people get bored and leave.

Investments.  Heavy haul licensee, chemical haul licensee, etc.  Taxed weekly.  So materials real world are in number classes and of course could be allowed per experience, one would not want a gear grinding rookie carrying plutonium.  _ Hmm pre order fuel forms for garages, or would that be to intense?  so a garage serving one person, one thousand gallon increment and a discount rate of .01  and then five thousand gallon a rate of .015 .

_ Hiring mechanics for garages on weekly salaries?

i'm thinking along those lines. i'd like a real-world aspect to it, some people could even use the game kind of like a simulator and get more involved in the game instead of just 2 clicks per day.

There are those who don't do their turns in a timely manner in trucking sim.  I just had a great idea [ 🙂 not really ],  independent dispatchers, why its not that great, they would basically just be having unlimited partition power over a demand with a limited time; giving out a possible infinite number of contracts to individuals.  Within the confines of time and mass to be delivered.

What could be a restriction? Any player on performing a 'route' would be disqualified from the 'dispatcher' option.

Quote from J_fix2 on April 28, 2019, 9:03 pm

I was pondering, would it be good to have players work at real world wages.  I think not because the reward versus time would be discouraging  to many people.

So what do you think should be a base Ppm?

Real world ppm, lets say is 0.15 to 0.45 dollars.  And this is even with expenditures as truck maintenance, your personal house car etc, insurance, and taxes. So, if the majority of those expenditures are removed it would be easier to produce a bigger sum.  Next question for myself to solve the frequency of maintenance; does it effect costs if it is frequent and cheap, or seldom and expensive?  < Oh, Idea for insurance 🙂

Quote from J_fix2 on May 12, 2019, 11:06 pm

There are those who don't do their turns in a timely manner in trucking sim.  I just had a great idea [ 🙂 not really ],  independent dispatchers, why its not that great, they would basically just be having unlimited partition power over a demand with a limited time; giving out a possible infinite number of contracts to individuals.  Within the confines of time and mass to be delivered.

Isn't that part of the fun of the game? Managing your employees, hiring and firing, swithcing companies, going solo etc.

Quote from Loops on May 15, 2019, 9:05 am
Quote from J_fix2 on May 12, 2019, 11:06 pm

Isn't that part of the fun of the game? Managing your employees, hiring and firing, swithcing companies, going solo etc.

Perhaps I’m biased, because of a certain 90% mute ‘person’.  That’s not good, because I can give it in dense code or lofty speech, but tickling the ears is not my desire.