TruckingSim.com Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New version of Trucking Sim plans

Quote from Daisy on April 9, 2019, 6:11 am

I read somewhere that you were planning to make the new game as accessible as the old one, for those of us who use screenreading software. I just wanted to say Thank You in advance. I can't say much about the appearance of the new site, but for screen reader users, I can say that headings, links, and combo boxes are really helpful for making choices. Pretty much like what the game has now, except I would suggest a heading or two. For example on your route display, one heading for the table with the main info, and another for the other info at the bottom of the page.

Yes, I'm taking in to account the KISS philosophy which keeps things simple and in doing so makes things simple for most players. This way of creating doesn't need me to think of 2 ways to do things for 2 different game audiences. Thanks for the reminder of using headers/headings. They will be in-game. Still a while to go though, i'm a one-man show haha.

Like the looks of all of this Loops.. keep at it.

Excited.

Hows the new game coming along Sir Loops.

lol, looks like the forum is dead to.

Any progress on this?   I was here when this game first launched and was excited at its potential.  I lost interest after some time due to the lack of updates.   As an IT professional that has moved into more of a management role, I want to keep coding on the side so I don't lose my touch.   I could potentially help if there is any traction here at all.   Also, I'm strongly considering just writing a new game from scratch.   My issue would be with hosting.  Not sure if any of the original folks are still around.   Any chance of leveraging this site for hosting the new game once it nears completion?   I do have a full-time job, so this would be a hobby at nights and on weekends as time permits.   Wanted to see if there is interest before I devote time to it.

@badmothertrucker - I think there is definitely interest.  I haven't heard anything from Loops since the stuff posted on here.  We could try reaching out to bjornski (he is the one that owns/works for Solutionsource Servers that TS is hosted on).

Okay.   I would like to know if Loops is currently working on something.  Not sure if there is a way to get in touch with them.    I know it was a pretty dead thread when I posted.   If Loops is still working on something, I would hate to spend time duplicating efforts.   I will begin working on some design documents and see if we get any response from Loops.... we can take it from there.

I'm kind of curious on the progress as well. I was a TruckingSim fan and member for a while. I have come and gone over time due to IRL but I loved the concept.

I will admit when I saw the TruckingSim v2 was not being actively worked on, I was considering building it from scratch, similar to the plan they had (I personally develop in Laravel Framework IRL). I'm going to keep a close eye on this. If no action, I may start working on this and maybe even stream the progress (I stream regularly).

But I am looking forward to seeing this community stay alive!

Loops hasn't been active in the game since Jun 30th 2019 at 02:14 PM. I think he gave up on it.