TruckingSim.com Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New version of Trucking Sim plans

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, I have recently started work on building a new version of Trucking Sim and I will be posting in this category/section only about specific updates regarding the new game. This will include screenshots so I can get critique on how the website looks etc. but also general updates on it's progress. I will try my best to post new updates at least once every week/fortnight.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

A quick post about what languages the new game will use etc.

Backend (server code): This will be written in Pythonย  3, reasons for using this language are because it is VERY easy to learn and so will lower the barrier for people wanting to contribute in the future.

Front end(website etc.): This will make use of HTML/CSS/Javascript and Bootstrap 4. What this all means is that the new website will have a very modern feel to it while being mobile-friendly. You will be able to play just as easy on your phone as your laptop.

I will be making all(or as many as possible) game-checks within the new game server-based (this will hopefully reduce the large number of exploits used by script kiddies where they simply mess with a websites html/javascript and send fake data to the server,

All screenshots of the progress made on the new game will be posted in this thread, however feel free to discuss ideas, the look of the website etc. as it will be your game.

Lastly, I want to create a modern version of Trukz, a place where there is a community (don't we all miss trukz?)

Just right-click the image then "View image" to be able to view it in larger format.

home page rough idea

https://i.postimg.cc/ZnZkJ96D/new-game-main.png

This is a rough idea of a home page i'm working on, just put it out there just to get a few ideas.

Nice features you will encounter are a fixed(sticky) navigation bar which doesn't disappear if you scroll down the page ๐Ÿ™‚

Route Dashboard idea...

route dashboard idea

Current map idea:

current map

Not bad, its a start.

Good luck with your plans loops, I can't wait to play the new game!

still messing around with website design to try and get everything to "flow", not so many clicks from page to page

Quote from gtmustang94 on March 3, 2019, 10:53 pm

Good luck with your plans loops, I can't wait to play the new game!

thanks!

critique on the website layout? i'm still not happy with it so i'll keep changing it around (colours etc. can be changed easily).

https://i.postimg.cc/bwwHnWpr/potential-dashboard.png

updated the main post above ^^

You should give Norman credit for Driving Routes and Terminals tutorial that you copied over, cause he is the one that wrote them.

Quote from Cowboy Trucking Inc on March 20, 2019, 12:48 pm

You should give Norman credit for Driving Routes and Terminals tutorial that you copied over, cause he is the one that wrote them.

I am actually just using them for reference. But i will give credit in the complete game to all the guys that helped to make this game what it is ๐Ÿ™‚

I read somewhere that you were planning to make the new game as accessible as the old one, for those of us who use screenreading software. I just wanted to say Thank You in advance. I can't say much about the appearance of the new site, but for screen reader users, I can say that headings, links, and combo boxes are really helpful for making choices. Pretty much like what the game has now, except I would suggest a heading or two. For example on your route display, one heading for the table with the main info, and another for the other info at the bottom of the page.